No progress without tradition. Since 1890 when Sherman and Mary Mertz settled in the Kaw River Valley and established what would become River Creek Farms, our name has been closely associated with animal husbandry. What began as a modest herd of purebred Angus and Hereford cattle in the late eighteen hundreds has evolved over the decades into one of the premier Simmental and SimAngus herds in the country. Our guiding principles throughout have remained the same: calving ease and disposition, a sincere focus on end-product value and harnessing the benefits of hybrid vigor. These cornerstones remain in place to this day and characterize every bull we sell, even if much has changed over the past 125 years.